Theme: Rotavirus Landscape in Africa – Towards Prevention and Control
The 8th African Rotavirus Symposium is an exciting and critical opportunity for global experts, scientists in the field, policy-makers and African programme implementers to gather and share current data and experiences on rotavirus. With the WHO-sponsored African Rotavirus Surveillance Network coming of age after a decade of surveillance across the continent, and with 13 African countries now having introduced rotavirus immunisations in their routine programmes, there is a wealth of knowledge, results, and experiences worth sharing.
The 8th African Rotavirus Symposium, hosted in Livingstone, Zambia, will be a two-day event offering a rich mix of basic science findings, surveillance results, and immunisation programme experiences. This is a call for abstracts on relevant topics ranging from rotavirus disease burden and epidemiology in Africa; rotavirus surveillance and strain diversity since vaccine introduction; decision-making processes for vaccine introduction; cost effectiveness analyses; rotavirus vaccination programme impact; and clinic research.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
If you wish to participate as a presenter at the 8th African Rotavirus Symposium, please submit an abstract of your scientific paper, or a synthesis of recent research/programme findings for consideration. Special emphasis for plenary sessions will be on papers that demonstrate high quality and most insightful work.
- Abstracts should include Title, Authors’ Names and Affiliations
- Main body must be structured into Background, Methods, Results and Conclusion
- Format must be Times New Roman 12
- Keep to 300 word limit
- Use only metric units for all measurements
- Indicate your preference for an oral or poster presentation
- Indicate your presentation category from choices below
- Burden & Epidemiology
- Strain Diversity & Surveillance Results from African Countries
- Vaccines Introduction and Impact Studies
- Current and Future Vaccines
- Global Perspectives with interest in Africa
Submission Deadline: March 14th 2014
For exhibitions, registration and other conference queries, please contact us at ROTA@cidrz.org