Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) is a Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation improving the health of Zambians by conducting locally-relevant research, providing technical support and training, and strengthening primary healthcare provision systems in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis and other infectious diseases, women’s health including cancer, newborn and child health, community outreach, and health systems strengthening. CIDRZ has been an active partner of the Government of the Republic of Zambia since 2001 through collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other line Ministries. CIDRZ now wishes to recruit:
CIDRZ JOB VACANCY
Assistant Manager Laboratory Operations Ref No. AM/LB/14/10/15 – Lusaka
Reports to the Laboratory Operations Manager, and supervises the lab practice, staff competency and quality of work across all sections of the central laboratory and the satellite labs.
- Develops the duty roster with specific assigned tasks for each lab staff member
- Trains, mentors and supervises the lab practice and quality of work of Biomed Techs and Lab Assistants.
- Trains Lab support staff
- Monitors general compliance to the Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) system review across all benches
- Compiles and submits bi-weekly reports to management on QC lapses observed during reviews
- Provides primary review of documents across all lab benches
- Monitors clinic staff adherence to policies and requirements per the Laboratory Manual, and other documentation
- Follows through with all vendors for timely performance of scheduled preventive maintenance
- Works with the Virology team to ensure that monthly reports for the Early Infant Diagnosis program are submitted to the Ministry of Health
Minimum: Diploma in Biomedical Sciences or recognized equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a routine diagnostic or research setting; or Bachelors or Honours Degree in Biomedical Sciences with 3 years’ experience at Supervisory level. Must hold a valid practicing license.
Closing Date for receiving applications is 17th November, 2015
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number and relevant academic, professional certificates and detailed CV with day-time telephone to:
CIDRZ Director Human Resources P.O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: email@example.com