Head of Grants & Contracts
Reports to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the oversight and management of all grants and contracts within CIDRZ.
Serves as the lead expert for the planning, implementation and evaluation of grant proposals and provides guidance on cooperative agreements, cost-share agreements, participating agreements, collection agreements, inter-agency and intra-agency agreements and Memoranda of Understanding.
Leads the development of organisational strategies through the identification of gaps and issues in grant proposals.
- Serves as a key liaison between CIDRZ and local and international partnering organisations
- Responsible for ensuring professional relationships are maintained with all partners
- Develops and implements new and revised grants management policies, directives, standards and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant information sources and key landscape events which may impact policies and procedures and provides strategic input to senior management
- Provides detailed explanations of finding and recommendations regarding compliance with grant documents and recommendations
- Develops, analyses, and interprets grant and/or cooperative agreement policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and guidelines
- Develops training, technical assistance and guidelines, and provides oversight, expertise and consultation to internal staff, management and programme officials, awardees, review panels, applicants, recipients, and sub-recipients Independently analyzes grant requests and provides recommendations to management; may decline or approve grants
- Ensures all required legal and financial paperwork is properly reviewed by the Compliance Officer and is in line with CIDRZ policies
- Facilitates pre-award negotiations on matters such as terms and conditions of awards, costs, schedules, and oversight responsibilities
Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Accountancy or other relevant professional qualification with minimum of 7 years’ experience with private sector, NGO, or international organisation
- Strong knowledge and training in U.S. Government, or other donor regulations and policies
- Proven experience with budget development, monitoring and reporting, and strategic development
- Demonstrates high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision to accomplish complex project work assignments
- Ability to proactively identify projects and initiatives, and eagerly accept challenges and new responsibilities
- Ability to successfully interface with senior level colleagues in other organisations and maintain relationships with international partners
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send application letter quoting job title, relevant academic and professional certificates and detailed CV with day-time telephone to: CIDRZ Director Human Resources P. O. Box 34681, Plot 5032 Great North Road Lusaka or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications 3rd December