Reports to The Director Clinical Care Services. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and supervising all Laboratory activities in Western and Lusaka provinces in support of ART and PMTCT Programs. He /She will work in liaison with the Ministry of Health on issues pertaining to Laboratory Viral load scale up.
• Provides guidance and technical oversight for laboratory services and staffs for smooth operations of all laboratories in the supported provinces.
• Promotes innovations, strategies and new ideas in implementing activities to increase accessibility to viral load and Early Infant Diagnosis.
• Monitors and manages the ACHIEVE Laboratory budget to ensure that planned activities are achieved as planned
• Facilitates and monitors procurement and distribution of laboratory equipments, reagents and consumables to all provincial centres running ART and PMTCT Programs. This is aimed at building laboratory testing capacity and ensuring un interrupted testing
• Supervises CIDRZ Provincial Laboratory coordinators and biomedical laboratory technologists to ensure quality laboratory testing and quality results in all provincial laboratories in Western and Lusaka provinces.
• Participates in the national laboratory quantification process for laboratory reagents and supplies.
• Identifies training needs and conducts laboratory-based trainings for provincial laboratory staffs in the areas of HIV/AIDS.
• Represents CIDRZ at the Laboratory Technical Working Group.
• Increases CIDRZ Visibility through effective program implementation and representation at all laboratory activities.
• Monitors laboratory EQA program and ensures that facilities are enrolled on these programs as well as monitoring IQC documentations and provide support to MoH EQA accreditation initiatives
• Participates in the National Laboratory equipment and infrastructure standardization program to ensure that only equipment supported by MSL in terms of reagents supplies are procured for provincial laboratory sites and ensures that standard laboratory infrastructure is built according to MoH lab services unit recommendations.
• Diploma or Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences.
• At least 3 years experience in a similar position.
• Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Microsoft office proficiency.
Closing date for receiving applications is 22nd March 2019.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: email@example.com