CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
For the 3rd Annual Pharmacy Research Conference 19th-20th July at the Taj Pamodzi Hotel, in Lusaka
THEME: Reducing Disease Burden through Pharmaceutical Care and Research
The Ministry of Health in collaboration with CIDRZ and the WHO will host the 3rd Annual Pharmacy Research Conference in Lusaka. The conference will provide plenary sessions, panel discussions, oral and poster presentations, discussions on current pharmacy practice and an opportunity to share ideas for successful programmes and research studies that have worked in other healthcare systems.
Suitable Abstracts from Pharmacy Students (under and post-graduate), Pharmacy Technologists and Pharmacists are invited for oral and poster presentation relevant to the following topics:
- Paediatric Care
- Women’s Health
- Operational Research
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Logistics and Supply Chain
Submission Deadline: 11:59 pm CAT June 30, 2016
*Note that presenting an abstract is voluntary.
- All abstracts should be in English.
- Incomplete or inaccurate abstracts will be rejected
- No more than 02 abstracts per attendee: one oral and one poster.
- Capitalize the first word of the title only
- Provide a concise statement (max. 500 words) of the Background, Research Aims/Objectives, Methodology, Results/Findings and Conclusions. The title and author’s names are not included in the word limit.
- Use Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned. DO NOT use all caps.
Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
To Submit your Abstract:
Email your completed abstract and the required information below to both:
Please Include in your email:
- Abstract Title
- Topic – (max. 500 words) in the following format
- Research Aims/Objectives
- Presenting Author, institutional affiliation, contact details, and email
- Name and Organisation of Co-Authors in the order they should appear in the Abstract book
- A brief biography (no more than 50 words) of the Presenting Author
Indicate Oral or Poster preference
Abstract Evaluation Process and Criteria:
The Pharmacy Scientific Programme Committee will review abstracts beginning 1st July 2016. Abstracts not meeting the criteria below, as determined by the Pharmacy Scientific Programme Committee, will be rejected. The Committee will contact authors with formal acceptance or rejection notices as soon as possible. All notifications will be sent to the email address provided during the abstract submission process. The Committee will indicate the format of presentation: either oral or poster.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Direct relevance to the field of pharmacy
- Submission of a clearly written, well organised abstract
- Adherence to the submission guidelines outlined above
Dissemination of Abstracts:
Abstracts will be published in the 2016 Pharmacy Conference Book of Abstracts and disseminated to all conference attendees in electronic format.
Withdrawal of Submitted Abstract:
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the conference